Services to streamline the
The soaring growth of direct retailing, internet shopping and e-commerce as a whole has propelled many newcomers into the world of fulfilment and logistics.
Often these may be people with little experience of supply-chain issues, or the folklore that may seem to surround them.
To help everyone in this burgeoning market to grapple with some of the finer points of the business, IMRG has put together a wide-ranging glossary of some of the terms they might encounter on their journey.
Printed copies of this glossary are available to members directly from IMRG (see contact details, right).
Non-members may enquire about prices and terms.
About the IMRG Fulfilment Glossary
The IMRG E-Commerce & Logistics Glossary has drawn on many and varied sources of definitions. These have been cross-compared and normalised to ensure the essence and meaning is clear and comprehensible.
Key Sources were:
• The Supply-Chain Council's Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model (SCOR).
• The American Production and Inventory Control Society’s (APICS) Dictionary.
• Information Access’s Glossary of Data Integration Terminology.
• Manufacturing System’s Glossary of Special Terms used in Client/Server Computing, Production Management and Process Automation.
• The Performance Measurement Group’s Supply Chain Metrics Definitions & Calculations.
• The ABC/M Glossary, Consortium for Advanced Manufacturing-Internationa.
Spice Court Publications (the publisher of this web site)
Tel +44 (0)20 8648 4495.
2, Ching Court, 49–53 Monmouth Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9EY
Tel +44 (0)20 3696 0980
© Spice Court Publications 2021